| Staff and board members from the Generations Organization (HIV/AIDs). |
| One of my favorite pictures from the day. My dear friend and colleague, Ann. Notice, I'm loaded with masaa (means "wealth", a word used for beads and cattle) gifts. |
We took a three year assignment with Mennonite Central Committee in Najile, Kenya. Read on for our stories.
| Staff and board members from the Generations Organization (HIV/AIDs). |
| One of my favorite pictures from the day. My dear friend and colleague, Ann. Notice, I'm loaded with masaa (means "wealth", a word used for beads and cattle) gifts. |
I love the picture of you and Ann! The masaa reminds me of graduation leis in Hawaii. And the I forget-the-name skirt peeking out of your lesso is VERY smart! Who was the mzungu with you and Doug?
ReplyDeleteThe other guy kneeling with us is one of our bosses, MCC Kenya Rep. We had the MCC Area Directors, one of our bosses, MCC Kenya Rep, as well as, a SALTer and another MCC Kenya Team colleague come out to join for our sending off. It was quite an amazing gesture of support. It was much appreciated! It was one of so many great things that happened yesterday, it was hard to mention them all.
DeleteWow, that is amazing! Please don't forget all your stories while you are in MN. I've been trying to get snatches of them 2nd-hand through Mom.
Delete