We took a three year assignment with Mennonite Central Committee in Najile, Kenya. Read on for our stories.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Take a Look

Drought activities

Heading home after doing laundry

Remnant green. All that can live is what I water with our grey water carried out by bucket from the kitchen.

The passion vine living in the acacia tree survives on the grey water running from a hose from our shower.

The Amazing Grey Crowned Crane, Nairobi National Park

You scratch my rump, I'll scratch yours, I guess.

The tender side of a Cape Buffalo; with young.

A handsome king, Nairobi National Park

 
The famous wildlife park on the edge of the city. Nairobi Nat. Park

Bloom where you are planted, my friends.

Services offered when the electricity is off. Our morning and evening run generator turns our house into the charging spot for the neighborhood. 

Neighbor boys were introduced to legos when a young visitor came to our house.

Gifts of hand tailored and hand beaded Maasai clothing.

The staff of our MCC partner that works in HIV/AIDs awareness/education.

3 comments:

  1. These are spectacular! I especially like the zebras with the city as a backdrop, and the dark pink tree blazing in the drought. The Maasai duds are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! Your pictures are a gift. That fuchsia tree (and your admonition) is burned into my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wildlife is beautiful. You're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete