I think unless we temperate zoners come and live near the equator for a little while, we don't truly grasp the extent of one of the major results of the fall of Adam. When we returned from vacation this week, everything in the garden had doubled in just a week's time, but the grass and weeds had at least tripled and maybe quadrupled! I spent today cutting grass with the slasha and the clippers and pulling weeds. I felt like I made a tiny dent.
 |
| Some of my efforts to give the yard a haircut are evident in the foreground. One of the motivating factors is to decrease hiding spots for snakes! When we came home this past weekend, I lifted the doormat that covers the crack under the back door and a nice little black snake of unidentified species slithered back out. (but not before he'd escaped under the fridge and we'd hustled him back towards the door) |
No comments:
Post a Comment