It looks dramatic, but it was harmless. The Maasai generally hate/fear snakes and kill anyone that comes in proximity. Understandably. The bales are ones I made from cutting the grass in our yard over the last couple months- it takes a while by hand. Their husband sent them to pick them up for his cows (we are in major drought so the bales are like gold right now). My neck/back is not strong enough to carry them that way or I'd have tried to deliver them myself!
love the candids Corinna. I wonder who all those children will turn out to be. I love the flamboyance in many of their eyes.that snake is crazy. may be harmless, but waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long.
Do I even want to know about that snake?!! Looks like a lot of stories behind these photos ...
ReplyDeleteIt looks dramatic, but it was harmless. The Maasai generally hate/fear snakes and kill anyone that comes in proximity. Understandably. The bales are ones I made from cutting the grass in our yard over the last couple months- it takes a while by hand. Their husband sent them to pick them up for his cows (we are in major drought so the bales are like gold right now). My neck/back is not strong enough to carry them that way or I'd have tried to deliver them myself!
ReplyDeletelove the candids Corinna. I wonder who all those children will turn out to be. I love the flamboyance in many of their eyes.that snake is crazy. may be harmless, but waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know. There are oodles of kids around. I wonder what kind of world will be their's in the next 10-15 years.
ReplyDelete