We took a three year assignment with Mennonite Central Committee in Najile, Kenya. Read on for our stories.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Pictures
If I were to post pictures to make this post more exciting (we all love pictures, eh!? ), my pictures would be of seemingly messy piles of stuff that I'm trying to pack, organize, or sell that fill corners of our basement apartment, our laundry room, and our garage. Or perhaps my pictures would try to capture the snow flurries last night and today that randomly zip past my window, solitary harbingers of a host of flakes. Maybe my picture would be of my head and heart and its attempt to wrap itself around the fact that I will soon be wearing skirts every day and bowing my head (like the children and pre-pubescent boys) to all males instead of shaking hands as an equal. Or perhaps I could try to capture in a single shot all the hours upon hours of physical labor my husband has put into preparing our house for us to be gone for 3 years- digging ditches, learning how to pour cement, putting up hooks and cupboards, putting in a doorbell, etc. Would a photo show all the beloved people we are trying to connect with before we go? Today, attempting to capture and express our season of preparation via a few photos seems impossible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You did a great job of posting "pictures" - I see them all in my head!
ReplyDelete